The department of Educational Technology and Knowledge Management at Saarland University integrates several disciplines, Education, Educational Psychology, and Computer Science. We specialize in research on co-located and computer-mediated collaborative learning, multi-touch interfaces, collaboration scripts, and argumentative knowledge construction. Our studies typically involve advanced scenarios of technology-enhanced learning. We aim to understand how individual and group level processes intertwine when learners discuss and share ideas. We also aim to advance instructional designs for facilitating individual and joint knowledge construction.
As a research assistant and PhD candidate your job is to conduct research in EduTech projects. This comprises of designing learning environments as well as setting up experiments and collecting and analyzing data. You are also expected to contribute to proposal writing and joint publications. The department offers extensive support for scientific publishing in international journals, as well as active and regular participation at international conferences. The position will provide the opportunity and support for scientific training (doctorate). You are also expected to contribute to teaching in the EduTech Master program including supervision of Master theses. Additional information about the team and work environment can be found here: http://edutech.uni-saarland.de.
A must-have condition is for you to have a university degree (Diploma or Master) in the areas of Educational Technology, Informatics, Pedagogy, or Psychology and in addition you have
- an above-average degree
- good knowledge in the areas of Educational Psychology and Educational Technology
- sound methodological and statistical knowledge (incl. handling statistics software like SPSS and R)
- interest in scientific work related to the focal points of the department, i.e. Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL)
- interest and willingness to do a PhD in the area of CSCL research (e.g. Argumentative Knowledge Construction, Cooperation Scripts, Awareness Tools, Learning Analytics)
- interest and willingness to get acquainted with relevant programs and methods (e.g. HLM)
- experience in research work in the area of Educational Technology (e.g. by means of a relevant Master or Diploma thesis)
- practical experience in the field of Educational Technology
- ability to work independently
- personal commitment and team spirit
- excellent command of German and English (spoken and written)
The application deadline is July 31th, 2018. Interviews will be held in August. Please send your application including a cover letter (in English or German) explaining your interests and qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae including contact details for two or more references, a copy of your master or diploma thesis and an additional written work or video material representing earlier work to Prof. Dr. Armin Weinberger (firstname.lastname@example.org) Official posting (in German)